CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Ashey's Senior Pictures...kind of

Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 6, 2008

Hey Family!
How is everything going? Things are great here! Conference was great I watched a majority of it in Spanish but it’s the same in both languages. We had a good amount of investigators show up and Junior or should I say Jose Francisco Zavala Loyola got baptized yesterday!
This week was a week that was very hard for junior. He had a lot of temptation and got in a small fight with his cousin, and he left the house and went and hung out with his friends who are just terrible people. He told us the next day that he hated it. In the month that we have been working with him he noticed a change in himself and he did not want to continue being friends with them so Friday he called us and at this point we didn’t think that the baptism was going to go through. So we were bummed, so we passed by and he had a huge change of heart and attitude and he didn’t want to continue his way and he told us that he wanted to cut his hair and I told him I knew someone that could cut his hair. So we passed by later that night and I cut his hair. His hair was so long I took lots of pictures and I’m going to send that home soon. It was fun just cutting and cutting away.
The baptism service was really good and he was really happy the only bad thing is the warm water ran out and the water was freezing…or at least I’m told, Elder Cosojay baptized him. Ha-ha!
Last night we past by Luis and Belem and we moved their baptism date back one week for the 20th of this month and they have a lot of good desires to change their lives. I’m really excited to work with them.
Conference was amazing and I’m still laughing about what Thomas S. Monson did in the priesthood session! I felt weird telling people that he was a prophet, but since the conference happen I know that he is a true prophet of God and that he will lead us in the path that we need to go. I know that the blessings that come from being a member of this church are huge and the knowledge and guidance that he can offer us is priceless.
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon. How many Hummer tours does dad do a week? How is everyone else? I love you all.

Love, Russ

0 comments: