CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Ashey's Senior Pictures...kind of

Sunday, February 24, 2008

February 18, 2008

Hey Family!
How is everything going? This week went by really fast and not too much happened this week. This past Wednesday I got up and I was having a huge stomach ache and about ten o clock I threw up, so I went and laid down because we had an appointment at 12. So I laid down and woke in time for that and I really felt sick, so we went to our appointment and he wasn't there and it was raining a lot, so we decided to go back to the apartment because I felt really sick and my companion was starting to get sick as well. So we head back when someone calls us wanting us to teach him about the church and help him learn. His name is Humberto Cruz and so we went to his house and taught him and committed him to baptism on the 9th of next month. So it was a blessing for trying to go out and work and we have a really good investigator from it. That was the highlight of Wednesday. We both feel better now but it was a really miserable day.
Also the day before that we committed Jose Vargas to get baptized on the 2nd and we have another girl that is going to get baptized on the 2nd named Pamela Cruz. The lord is really blessing us here and we have a lot of great people to teach. We also hit president’s goals last week so it feels good to work for something and achieve it.
I’m glad that grandma got my letter. Did she think it was funny? I don't think I have her address, I couldn't find it so I figured you would be able to hand deliver it. Thanks! Also I did get the valentines package with all the chocolate, so thank you for that as well. It is always fun to tease you about chocolate mom:)
Emily Sanders sent me a letter with a picture of her new 4 month old baby girl and I can hardly believe it! I’m starting to get old. It looks like she takes care of her new baby really well.
That’s good that dad is almost done with his classes, that probably keeps him pretty busy with that. The story about Ben is really cute, he is such a smart kid and prayers do get answered. He has really great parents to teach him the gospel.
I’m really enjoying being in this area we have a ward that is really great here and we are well fed. We are actually going to be moving or changing apartments. We will live one street away from the Woodside church and we will be living out side of our area. It’s always a pain to use the subways and buses, I’ll be glad when I can drive myself around.
So eight months from today I’ll be deer hunting! I’m really excited for that and I hope I draw out. It will be a fun way to get used to normal life again. Time is going by quickly and I know I have to work as hard as I can. I’m doing well here, and we are going to play some football in the park so I’m excited for that! I love you all and take care.

Love, Russ

0 comments: