CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Ashey's Senior Pictures...kind of

Sunday, February 24, 2008

February 11, 2008

Hey Family!

How’s everyone doing? I’m doing well and we have been really busy this week was transfers and last Monday our p-day got cut short because we had to do a greenie street sweep. It’s the first thing they do when they get here. Off the plane to the street sweep and then they stay the night at presidents house. I took Elder Wrigley on a subway and we started contacting people and it was so funny because, I would tell him to talk to some one and he would do it and he would yell “amigo como esta” really nervously and of course at that point he got the attention of every Spanish person on the train. He is going to be a great elder and he was full of enthusiasm to be here. The assistants said they were talking to him after the street sweep and he asked them if he knew me and they said they did and he said, “that kid can speak Spanish perfectly”. I laughed when I heard that and it makes think about how far I have gone. 16 months today! It’s gone by so quick and these last eight months are going to fly by as well.
Its way good to hear that Ashlyn and Preston are doing so well in basketball. They are awesome and I really wish I could make it to their games. I’ll just have to wait till I come back!
Its good to hear that preston Bishoff is still alive. The lord protects us here and its comforting to go in twos. My companion is 240 is and 6'3 so the only problem we have is scaring the little Mexicans when we knock their doors. Elder Imlay is from Riverton Utah and he and I have a lot of fun together.
We have a good teaching pool here and we have a lot of people that could get baptized really soon. We have a lot of work to do but the ward is a lot of help as well. We had 5 investigators in church yesterday three for the first time and there are a lot of people ready to receive us here.
I’m going to go pick up the package today I appreciate all the love and support that you give me! It really helps me keep going.
The new presidency of the church is going to be amazing, we got to watch the funeral and the broadcast when they announced it, and it was a way excited moment! We are part of the true church and we are blessed for it! I love you all so much!
Love, Russ

0 comments: